Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fan Brush 101: How to Use the Fan Makeup Brush

Hello Gals!

If there is one beauty tool that does not get enough love and attention, it is the fan brush.  I think that it is safe to say, that it is the brush that has confused us the most and is the one brush that is most likely to sit in our makeup sets unused.

fan brush 101, how to use the fan makeup brush




So today I thought I would share a few ways that a fan makeup brush can be used in your everyday makeup and beauty routines.


Ways to Use a Fan Brush

Contour: Fan brushes are a great tool for applying contour powders, they add a soft contour to the hollows of the cheeks, and along the sides of the nose. The fact that this brush is flat, is a plus as it makes contour application a breeze.

  • Cheeks: Lay the fan brush flat against the hollows of your cheeks and gently whisk back and forth.           
  • Nose: Apply contour powder to the tips of the brush, and apply it in a stroking motion along either side of your nose.

Highlighting: This is my absolute favourite use for this brush! Apply a shimmery highlighting powder to the cheekbones by laying the brush against the cheekbone area and then sweep back and forth to create a luminous glow. You can also use it to add that same shimmery glow to the bridge of the nose and to the cupids bow of the lips for a glam evening look.

Clean Up:  Cleaning up makeup mistakes is a snap with fan brushes. If you  have applied too much loose powder or experience "fall out" from eyeshadow application, use the tips of the brush and whisk away the access. They are also a fantastic tool for whisking away mascara mistakes from your lids and from the brow bone

Apply Face Masks: Using a fan brush to apply face masks is a brilliant way to ensure precise and even application of the product and uses far less of the product than if you were to apply with your finger tips.


Thanks for reading Gals!


Have your tried using a fan brush....if so what are your favourite ways to use it

Keisha xo


SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Useful information. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I'm so happy you found this info useful.

      Xo

      Delete
  2. Wow I did not know you could apply face mask with it thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the application process so much easier. Let me know how it works for you. Thanks for reading Jackie

      Xo

      Delete
  3. This was a really great and informative post. I never use my fan brush because I wasn't sure exactly what is was for. I never ever thought to use it to apply a face mask. Now I have a new use for it.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this post was useful to you LaToya! Thanks so much for visiting.

      Xo

      Delete
  4. This is so true Keisha! I just started using the ones I have and love it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we know how to use them, it's like how did we ever manage without them lol! Thanks for reading Kim

      Xo

      Delete
  5. Happy Monday beautiful! This is so true, I have a fan brush but hardly ever use it because I didn't know how. lol But now I do! I've never thought to use it to apply a mask, thats such a great idea.
    Thanks for sharing these tips with us.
    Have a great week!

    xo, jackie
    stylemydreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday to you too Sweetie! Thanks for popping by, I'm glad this post was helpful :)

      xo

      Delete
  6. I love using fan brushes for highlight and clean up, so easy!
    For face masks, I usually use paddle foundation brushes...they are also great.
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I must give it a try with a paddle brush. Thanks for reading Lily!

      xo

      Delete
  7. These are great tips on how to use a fan brush. I never really knew what exactly to use it before. I did try to use it with highlighter once before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya! I love using mine to highlight also :)

      xo

      Delete
  8. Oh, I didn't know that I can use them for contouring as well ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you sure can :). Let me know how it works out for you

      Xo

      Delete
  9. I'm yet to use this style of brush, though now you've mentioned it, I could see how useful it would be for certain purposes - particularly swiping across the cheeks!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen these type of brushes. They look so coo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I had a lot of makeup brushes but this has made me realise I actually don't own a fan brush. I do love highlighting though (it's my favourite part of my makeup routine) so I'm thinking I should get a fan brush for that.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlighting is also my fav part of my routine also :) if you do get one be sure to let me know how you like the effect.

      Xo

      Delete
  12. I am missing a good fan brush in my collection, do you know any good drugstore option or anything that is reasonably priced?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shireen! ELF does a good fan brush. If you are wanting a more fluffier fan brush, I like the one from Eco Tools. Hope this helps.

      Xo

      Delete
  13. I personally had no idea what fan brushes were for. Haha. Thanks for sharing!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jeanne! I'm happy this post was useful to you.

      xo

      Delete
  14. Face mask with fan brush. Wow, awesome trick. Thank you for sharing it :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mostly use my fan brush for highlighting, but I love that I can use it for so many different things! Using it for contour sounds like it would be really easy! This is so helpful!

    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete

© The Chrysalis Gal | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig